Saturday, July 18, 2009

Outburst!!!

I had never lay my fist on anyone so far, let alone in soccer game.
But somehow, i broke that clean sheet.
Yesterday during a soccer match at Swiss Club Road, a veteran old man, aged
around 60 year old challenged the ball with me. At that moment, he tripped me from behind,
and drove a punch straight down the top of my head. I was shocked and angry at that moment.
I did not expect him to punch me after gaving me a hard tackle. I got up from my fall, demanded an explaination from him. In a fit of anger, i gave him a cheap shot to his face, and i backed down. As expected his teammate flare up and threatened to attck me. Things occured too fast for me to realise the gravity of situation. It did not struck me that i lay my head on an old man. The irony is, the old man happened to be the one to start it. I gave my deepest apology for laying my hand on him. Afterward, guilt-stricken, the old man apologised to me too, and he admitted it was his fault for starting the fight. Seriously this incident had left a deep scar in me.
I was disgusted at my action and i hope that i would be able to avoid history from repeating itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment